Oh, hey there!
Don’t tell me. You’re here because you want support to have the most positive, empowering birth experience possible? I knew it!
I’m so glad you found me. We are going to make one hell of a team. Consider me your Hermione Granger of the birthing world, seriously, I even have a harry potter tattoo. I’ll be your faithful right-hand [wo]man, helping you along with way with a wealth of knowledge. You matter to me, what you want matters to me. Together we are going to make this birth a positive experience.
I will give you the tools to empower yourself, and at the end of this you are going to feel like one badass mother birther!
So, let’s get into the good stuff.
We are going to get close, in a completely non-creepy way.
I love the prenatal part of being a doula because this is where we get to know each other, but not just the superficial stuff that you’ll share with acquaintances. I want to know what’s really going on in your mind, so I can help. Your fears. Your expectations. You can confide in me. I will never judge you. I’ve had three kids of my own so there’s a high chance I’ve been there myself.
Now, although I don’t like to confine myself to a box, I do love lists. People love lists, don’t they? I’m sure that’s a thing. So, here it is. My magical list that includes all or some of the things we will do together during your pregnancy:
- We may chat over text, messenger, or email.
- At least two prenatal meetings to plan this awesome birth.
- We can discuss any previous pregnancies and births, including any trauma and work on unpacking that before labour.
- I will help you learn about childbirth, so you know exactly what’s happening during labour.
- We will make a rock-star birth plan that will guide you into having an empowering birth.
- I will educate you on your rights in childbirth.
- If baby isn’t in the optimal position before birth, we can have an extra meeting to work on some spinning babies and other techniques.
- We will discuss your plans for the postpartum period. This often gets overlooked but my goodness, I cannot express just how important this step is for your mental well-being.
Ok it’s go time.
Ring, ring! OMG. Adrenaline rush. Shoes on, bags in the car. Racing to your house (or birthing location), and when I say racing, I mean driving at the speed limit…
Here I am. Now we’ve gotten to know each other pretty well by now so I should be able to slide right on in and start supporting you, without disturbing you. This part looks different for everyone, some want very hands on support and others want very hands off. I could be holding your hand and counting you through your breaths. Applying counter pressure or doing light touch massage. Sitting in the corner taking birth notes while you and your partner bond. Fetching snacks, socks, hair ties. Anything you need.
Time for another list. All of the birthy things:
- I will be on call for you from 38-42 weeks.
- You can use my TENS machine for your labour (this little machine can change lives!).
- You get to access my doula took kit aka the bottomless bag. Think rebozo, essential oils, and more.
- I can take photos/and or videos for you. Yes, that’s right, I did train with renowned photographer Belle Verdiglione!
- I’ll stay with you for up to one hour 1 hour post birth.
Phew, what a ride that was. Your babe(s) is/are here and you’re on a major oxytocin high. You also have a crazy number of hormones doing their thing. This is when I’ll tell you it’s ok to cry, to be emotional, to be sad one minute and laughing the next, this is normal. We will have a postnatal session to debrief your birth and talk about what an amazing job you did. We can chat about how adorable your little one is, and I can hold them while you eat or take a nap or have a shower. I’ll remind you that you’re not in this alone and help you find your village. If you’re having trouble with breastfeeding, I can give you recommendations for who to contact, or maybe you need information on formula. This is a judgement free zone.
Alright you made it to the end, go you!
If this package sounds like something you need in your life then contact me here to request my investment guide. Don’t worry I won’t spam you with emails, it that drives me crazy when places do that.